Chicken taco filling - crockpot

My family has a thing for taco and my version of Mexican foods :P  This is good, because I have a problem...I LOVE tacos.

There is a Mucho Burrito restaurant down the street from my house, and every time I drive by there, I envision the last wonderful taco or taco salad or whatever else I gobbled down last time I was there. I guess I have a problem. Luckily, I also have a slow cooker.

This recipe is one of my 'go to' recipes when I'm completely stuck on what's for dinner. I have a white board in the kitchen, and I write down my dinner plans for the week most Sundays. There always seems to be one spot that's open...and that gets filled with a taco type meal, let me assure you.

This is SO easy and SUPER yummy...give it a whirl! If you don't want to have this in a tortilla wrap, it's just as fabulous over rice.

Chicken taco filling - Slow Cooker


Ingredients:


3-4 chicken breasts (frozen or not)
1 1/2 cups salsa (I like mine saucy. Cut it down to 1 or even 3/4 of a cup if you don't).
1 cup frozen corn
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 pkg taco seasoning
Tortilla wraps OR cooked rice

Method:


Dump everything into the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-5 hours, depending on the heat of your slow cooker.

Before serving, shred up the chicken with two forks and give the mixture a quick stir.

Serve in tortilla wraps with random fixings of your choice, or over cooked rice. 

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts